Our Commitment of Care
1. Clients of the center are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
2. Clients of the center are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
3. Clients of the center always receive honest and open answers.
4. Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence.
5. Clients of the center receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
This center does not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but is committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
We are not a medical facility.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between medical (RU 486) and a surgical abortion?
There are a variety of factors to consider when determining medical vs. surgical abortion [failure rate, time to completion, need for anesthesia, bleeding, surgery risk, long term complications and provider presence]. Your gestational age will greatly help you in your decision making. An ultrasound is the best way to identify gestational age. We can help you get an ultrasound for free.
- Can I bring my partner?
You will meet with a peer-counselor one-on-one initially. After a few initial intake questions, we welcome anyone you feel will be supportive of you.
- Could I still be pregnant after taking a morning after pill?
The morning after pill (MAP) works by suppressing ovulation and preventing implantation. If a woman has not yet ovulated, MAP works as a contraceptive by suppressing ovulation. However, if a woman has become pregnant, but the embryo has not yet implanted, the use of MAP will work to prevent implantation, causing an abortion. To identify possible pregnancy, a urine pregnancy test can detect positive pregnancy results as early as one day after a missed period, or 3-4 days after implantation. [Ref: The Morning After Pill, Get the Facts, Heritage House 2011.]
- How much will the appointment cost?
All of our services are FREE of charge.
- How long will my appointment last?
This depends on the service provided. Our appointment for testing typically last 30 minutes to an hour to ensure all your questions and concerns are addressed.
All services are FREE and confidential:
Everything we offer is free because of generous local donors and a Positive Alternative Grant from the
Minnesota Department of Health.
Pregnancy Care Center
* Pregnancy tests
FREE You can know before you leave
* Support and information on your options
See "Choices" tab for more info
* Earn While You Learn program (pregnancy and parenting education)
Through regular lessons you'll learn important and interesting information about your pregnancy and your baby. As you take classes you receive credit that you can cash in for items you want and need.
* Material goods assistance (maternity and baby items)
Many new items you can earn with your points. Also many free, used items in great shape.
* Resource information
We keep school, job, housing as well as insurance, WIC and clinic information current and help you secure what you need. Let us support you.
* After abortion support
Many women come to regret their abortions. Some of us have been there. We have help.